- 170g can Lucky Star Tuna
- 125ml (½ cup) fat-free chunky cottage cheese
- 5ml (1 tsp) wholegrain mustard
- Milled black pepper
- 4 slices whole-wheat or low-GI bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Drain the tuna.
- Gently mix together the cottage cheese and mustard, and season with pepper.
- Place the bread on plates and pile on the topping: first a dollop of cottage cheese, then add a lettuce leaf and a few tomato slices, then the tuna.
- Add a spoonful of the remaining cottage cheese and finish with a light sprinkling of pepper.
Lucky Star Tuna in water or vegetable oil can be used for all the tuna recipes.
Tomatoes are good for you. They have high levels of lycopene which may reduce the risk of heart disease and men developing prostate cancer.
Choose firm, plump, bright red tomatoes. If they’re not quite ripe, store at room temperature, then use at once or refrigerate for a few more days; chilling stops the ripening process.