- 170g can Lucky Star Tuna, drained
- 350g (3 cups) cooked brown rice
- 250g (1 punnet) button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) low-fat or fat-free milk
- 5ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10ml (2 tsp) wholegrain mustard
- Milled black pepper
- 80g reduced-fat hard Cheddar cheese, grated
- 250ml (1 cup) whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix together the tuna, rice, mushrooms, milk, thyme, onion, mustard, pepper and half the cheese. Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the remaining cheese with the crumbs and scatter over the top of the tuna mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until bubbling hot and crisp on top.
- Serve with a salad.
Substitute the tuna for Lucky Star Sardines if you like.
Canned tuna is a useful source of essential nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, high quality protein, selenium and Vitamin D.