- 170g can Lucky Star Light Meat Tuna Chunks
- Butter for the baking dish(es)
- 150g macaroni
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6–8 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 200g cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp soft breadcrumbs
- Heat the oven to 150°C. Drain the tuna. Butter a large baking dish or four smaller dishes or tin mugs.
- Cook the macaroni as instructed in a large saucepan of salted boiling until tender but firm to the bite. Drain well in a colander, then tip into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, spring onions, mustard and paprika, and season with salt and pepper. Add to the macaroni with the tuna and ¾ of the cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the buttered baking dish(es). Scatter the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs on top and bake for about 20 minutes until set.
- Switch on the oven griller for a few minutes if necessary to make the cheese topping crunchy and golden brown.
Macaroni contains carbohydrates, a major source of energy. Other sources of carbohydrates include maize meal, bread, potatoes, samp, oats and rice.