- 170g can Lucky Star Light Meat Shredded Tuna
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup rice
- 1½ cups fish or chicken stock
- 4 slices toast
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and quartered
- Drain the tuna.
- Heat a knob of butter in a medium saucepan and fry the onion until golden. Add the curry powder and turmeric, and a little salt and pepper, and stir for about 15 seconds to sizzle the spices.
- Stir in the rice, then add the stock. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until the stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Gently mix in the tuna and heat the kedgeree through.
- Serve on sliced, buttered toast, garnished with quartered hard-boiled eggs.
Lucky Star Tuna is endorsed by the Heart and Stroke Foundation, and is the only brand of tuna qualified to bear the Heart Mark on its label – on both the oil and brine variants, both of which may be used in this recipe.