- 1 x 400 g can Lucky Star Pilchards in Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored, sliced and cut into thin strips
- 1 baby red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 baby green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) peanuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) honey
- ¼ cup (60 ml) grapeseed or canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) smooth
- peanut butter
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1-cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- Drain the pilchards, separate them and set the sauce aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the onion, carrot, yellow pepper, apple, red and green cabbage, spring onions and half the coriander.
- Add all the dressing ingredients and the reserved pilchard sauce to a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Pour over the salad ingredients and stir to combine. Arrange the pilchards on top and garnish with the remaining coriander leaves and peanuts, if using.