- 1 x 85g can Lucky Star Smoked Mussels, drained
- 5 slices wholegrain bread
- 1 avocado
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) chopped parsley
- Milled black pepper
- Trim the crusts off the bread. Flatten the slices of bread with a rolling pin. Cut into triangles. Set aside.
- Mash the avocado with the lemon zest and juice, chilli, parsley and season with pepper.
- Preheat the oven grill. Place the bread triangles on a baking tray and grill until golden and crisp.
- Spoon a little avocado mix onto each toast triangle, top with two smoked mussels and serve immediately.
This recipe is great for a crowd. A couple of cans of Lucky Star Smoked Mussels can feed up to 20 guests
For a wheat-free alternative, use 100% rye bread instead of wholegrain. You can make the avo mix up to 3 days in advance. Keep refrigerated.