Tuna Cakes with Tartare Sauce
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 x 170g cans Lucky Star Tuna, well drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
- milled black pepper
- canola oil for frying
- lemon wedges for squeezing
- 125ml (½ cup) fat-free smooth cottage cheese
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) English mustard
- 5ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 5ml (1 tsp) snipped chives
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) chopped gherkins
Tartare Sauce Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and chill.
Cook the potatoes in boiling water until soft. Drain well and mash. Mix in the tuna, eggs, onion and parsley, and season with pepper. Form the mixture into eight patties.
Heat a non-stick pan and add a dash of oil. Fry the patties until golden brown, flip and cook the other side.
Arrange the tuna cakes on serving plates or one large platter. Serve with tartare sauce and with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Makes 8 cakes / Serves 4–8