Pilchard & Bean Wrap
- 400g can Lucky Star Pilchards in Tomato
- canola oil for frying
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- ½ red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 fat fresh red chillies, seeded and finely sliced
- ½ x 400g can red kidney beans
- milled black pepper
- 60ml (4 Tbsp) chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 225g tub fat-free smooth cottage cheese
- 4 x low-GI wholewheat wraps
Drain the pilchards and keep the sauce. Heat the oil in a shallow saucepan or wok and sizzle the onion and garlic to a light golden colour. Add the red pepper and chillies and fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beans and pilchards, stir well and heat through. Season with pepper. Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander or parsley.
Mix together the tomato sauce from the pilchards and the cottage cheese. Lay the wraps on a wooden board, dollop cottage cheese on the wraps and pile the warm pilchards on top. Roll up and serve immediately.