Middlecut Mediterranean Tomatoes
- 425g can Lucky Star Middlecut
- 12 large firm, ripe tomatoes
- 2 firm, ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 12 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried thyme
- 60ml (4 Tbsp) wholewheat breadcrumbs
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- milled black pepper
Heat the oven to 160°C. Lightly spray a roasting dish with cooking spray.
Cut the stalk ends off the 12 tomatoes and set aside to make the ‘lids’. Carefully remove the pith and seeds. Discard the pips and chop the pith (it will be added to the filling).
Filling: Break the middlecut into chunks in the sauce with a fork. Mix in the chopped tomato pith and the remaining filling ingredients. Season with black pepper.
Spoon the filling into the tomato cavities and replace the ‘lids’. Place the tomatoes in the roasting dish and roast for 20 minutes. Serve with a mixed salad and crusty bread.
6 - 12