Middlecut & Butternut Goulash
- 425g can Lucky Star Middlecut
- 1 large butternut (about 750g), peeled and pipped
- canola oil for frying
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) chopped garlic
- 1 red or green chilli, sliced and seeded (optional)
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) paprika
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1ml (¼ tsp) ground ginger
- milled black pepper
- 410g can chopped tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) low-sodium vegetable stock (recipe below)
- 125ml (½ cup) low-fat or fat-free plain yoghurt
Break the middlecut into large chunks in the sauce with a fork. Discard the bones. Cut the butternut into small blocks.
Heat a few drops of oil in a non-stick pan and fry the onion and garlic until golden. Stir in the chilli, paprika, cinnamon and ginger, and season with pepper.
Add the tomatoes, butternut and stock, cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes until the butternut is soft. Uncover and cook briskly until the sauce thickens slightly.
Gently stir the middlecut into the goulash with the yoghurt and heat through. Serve with brown rice and steamed vegetables.