Grilled Vegetable and Tuna Niçoise Salad
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 brinjal, cut into large chunks
- 4 baby marrows, cut into large chunks
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 45ml olive oil
- salt and milled black pepper
- a few salad leaves, optional
- 150g green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- 100g black olives
- 2 x 170g Lucky Star Tuna, drained
- 10g basil leaves, torn
- 60ml basil pesto
- 80ml quality mayonnaise
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Arrange the peppers, brinjal, baby marrows and red onions onto a baking tray.
Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetable are tender.Arrange the salad leaves (optional), roasted vegetables, green beans, eggs, olives and Luck Star Tuna onto serving plates or onto a serving platter.
Scatter the basil leaves over the top and serve with pesto mayonnaise.
*mix the pesto and mayonnaise in a small mixing bowl