Tuna & Mushroom Casserole
- 170g can Lucky Star Tuna, drained
- 350g (3 cups) cooked brown rice
- 250g (1 punnet) button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) low-fat or fat-free milk
- 5ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10ml (2 tsp) wholegrain mustard
- milled black pepper
- 80g reduced-fat hard Cheddar cheese, grated
- 250ml (1 cup) wholewheat breadcrumbs
Heat the oven to 180°C.
Mix together the tuna, rice, mushrooms, milk, thyme, onion, mustard, pepper and half the cheese. Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
Mix the remaining cheese with the crumbs and scatter over the top of the tuna mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes until bubbling hot and crisp on top.
Serve with a salad.
Substitute the tuna for Lucky Star Sardines if you like.