- 400 g sweet potatoes, washed and sliced into ½-cm-thick rounds
- 2 x 170 g cans Lucky Star Tuna, drained
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary (plus extra for garnish)
- 400 g ready-made pasta sauce (tomato and basil works best)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Parmesan cheese
1. Place the sweet potatoes in a pot of lightly salted boiling water. Cover and simmer for 5–6 minutes or until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
2. Heat a little oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic until softened and golden.
3. Stir in the carrots, mushrooms and rosemary, cooking until softened and lightly browned.
4. Stir in the pasta sauce and heat through. Season to taste.
5. Add the tuna and cook over a medium heat for 3–4 minutes or until hot.
6. Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
7. Place half the sweet potatoes on the base of an ovenproof dish. Pour over the tuna mixture. Arrange the remaining sweet potatoes on top, allowing them to overlap slightly. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese.
8. Place in the oven for 10–15 minutes until heated through and golden brown. Garnish with the extra rosemary and serve with a green salad.