- 400g can Lucky Star Pilchards in Tomato
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 Tbsp milk
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 100g frozen or canned mixed vegetables, drained
- ½ cup soft breadcrumbs
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Grease a casserole. Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until soft. Drain well, mash with the butter or margarine and milk, and season with salt and pepper.
- Tip the pilchards into a bowl and break them up into large chunks in their sauce. Gently mix in the vegetables, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pilchard and vegetable mixture into the casserole. Top with the mashed potato. Scatter the breadcrumbs on top and bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes until crunchy and golden. Serve with vegetables.
Add extra nutrition to this dish by mixing half a cup of grated cheddar cheese into the breadcrumbs for the topping.