- 425g can Lucky Star Middlecut
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 celery stick, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1–2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 410g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups fish stock or water
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Drain the middlecut; keep the sauce from the can. Break the fish into chunks and discard the bones.
- Heat a little oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes and garlic until lightly glazed. Stir in the curry powder, turmeric and ginger.
- Add the tomatoes, sauce from the can of middlecut, and stock or water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the chunks of fish to the soup and heat through.
Potatoes are rich in potassium (good for lowering blood pressure), fluoride and phosphorous, and contain small amounts of zinc and iron. The B-group vitamins and vitamin C are present, which are not lost with peeling.