Sardine Pita Pizza
1 x 120g tin LUCKY STAR SARDINES, drained and sliced
8 pita/flat breads, 15cm
2 cups pizza/pasta tomato sauce or tomato puree
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
2 cups mozzarella/white cheese, grated
3 Tbsp. black olives, chopped
2 small tomatoes, chopped
1 small onion, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a baking sheet or line with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the pita breads on the baking sheet and spread each one with the tomato sauce.
- Top with the sardines, olives, tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle with cheese and top with the dried oregano.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes. Until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Season each pizza with salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 8 pita pizzas