Mussel and goats Cheese Tart with Caramelized Onions
75g goats cheese, in a roll
1 red onion, sliced
1 tbsp. butter
½ roll puff pastry
1 tbsp. brown sugar
Few sprigs of thyme
85g tin Lucky Star Smoked Mussels
1 tbsp. milk
- Start by making the caramelized onion: slice the onion and place into a small saucepan with the butter onto medium heat.
- Add the sugar and cook until soft and sticky, about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, lay out your puff pastry onto a floured surface and cut out rounds of desired sized and place the rounds onto a lined baking tray.
- Slice the goat’s cheese into rounds. When the onion is caramelized, spread evenly onto the pastry. Lay the goatscheese onto the onion and then top the tarts with Lucky Star Smoked Mussels and fresh thyme sprigs
- Season the tarts and brush the edges of the pastry with milk and cook for about 25 minutes at 180C until pastry has puffed
- Serve warm