Lucky Star Tuna Quesadilla with Cheddar
2 x 170g tins Lucky Star Tuna
¼ cup mayonnaise
½ cup prepared salsa (see below)
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
6 x 15cm tortilla wraps
½ tbsp. olive oil
½ onion, finely chopped
½ red chilli, finely chopped
½ tspn smoked paprika
½ small green or red pepper, finely diced
½ tbsp. tomato paste
salt and pepper
250g tomatoes, diced
- For the salsa: heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until glossy. Add chili, paprika and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomato paste and tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat and cook until it thickens.
- For the quesadillas, in a small bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise and salsa.
- Evenly spread three tortillas with tuna mixture and top with cheese and the remaining tortillas.
- In a big enough pan cook the quesadillas one at a time, turning once, until lightly golden and cheese is melted.
- Cut into triangles and serve with chopped lettuce and extra salsa.