Lucky Star Pilchard Nachos
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 x 400g tin Lucky Star Pilchards, drained and deboned
1 x 400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 tspn. Chilli powder
1 tspn. Cumin, ground
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
½ cup water
handful coriander leaves, chopped
230g Nacho chips
1 cup cheese, grated
½ cup avocado
½ cup tomato, chopped
½ cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic until it begins to soften. Stir in the pilchards and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans, chilli powder, cumin, seasoning, tomato paste, water.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes or until thick. Add the coriander and stir.
- Arrange corn chips on a heatproof plate.
- Top with the pilchard mixture then sprinkle with cheese, bake for about 15 minutes or until hot. Top with salsa, avocado and sour cream before serving.