Lucky Star Mussel and Pea Risotto
3 x 85g tins Lucky Star Smoked Mussels
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
250g Arborio rice/risotto rice
110ml dry white wine (OPTIONAL)
1L chicken stock
200g fresh peas
25g parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
30ml fresh oregano
- Melt the butter in a large pan until foaming and then fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the rice and stir well to coat in the butter. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until rice is translucent.
- Add the wine and cook for 3-4 minutes or until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Warm up the chicken stock in a separate pot and keep it hot near the pan. Add a cup full of chicken stock to the rice and stir well. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until nearly all the stock has been absorbed. Then stir in another cup of chicken stock. Repeat the process until the rice is cooked but still retains a little bite.
- Stir the mussels through the risotto.
- Add the peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Stir in the parmesan until the cheese has melted and the rice has a creamy texture.
- Season to taste and serve with fresh oregano sprinkled on top.