Lucky Star Middle Cut Bunnies
1 Tbsp oil
1 onion, finely chopped
5ml medium curry powder
1 tsp chilli powder
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 x 410g tin chopped tomatoes
2 potatoes, cubed
2 carrots, sliced
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
400g tin Lucky Star Muddle Cut, drained
1 loaf fresh white bread, unsliced
A fresh salad of chopped tomato, onion and coriander for serving
- Preheat a pot with oil and add the onions, fry until soft and transparent. Add curry powder, chilli powder, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, potatoes and carrots and simmer until vegetables are cooked, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt and black pepper and stir. Lastly add the middle cuts and gently fold them into the mixture.
- Cut the loaf of bread into quarters and then scoop or cut out the centers of each quarter loaf, essentially creating a ‘bowl’ of bread for the curry. Fill the hole of each quarter loaf with the curry and sauce.
- Serve with scooped out bread centre and the salad of chopped tomato, onion and coriander