Lucky Star Fish and Sweet Corn Cottage Pie
1 x 1.8kg can Lucky Star Pilchards
1.7 kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
850g sweet corn
7 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
200g cheddar cheese, grated
220ml corn flour
2 sprigs thyme
75ml parsley, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Boil for 8 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180C. Cut the pilchards into bite size pieces and place into a buttered, oven proof dish.
- Drain the sweetcorn and scatter over the fish along with the chopped spring onions.
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan, add the butter, and once melted gently toss with the cheese.
- To make the sauce, pour a little milk into a small bowl and blend with the corn flour. Heat the rest of the milk in a pan. When almost simmering, quickly stir in the blended corn flour and thyme. Stir until the sauce thickens. Cook over low heat for 1 minute (should be quite thick)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Pour evenly over the dish and using a fork gently lift the ingredients so they are coated in the sauce.
- Place the potato mixture on top of the ingredients and place the dish in the oven to bake for 35 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
- Serve with green vegetables.