Lucky Star Braaid Pilchard Bruschetta
1 x 400g tin Lucky Star Pilchards in Tomato Sauce
1 loaf olive ciabatta, cut into 1cm thick pieces
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic
2 cups rosa tomatoes , sliced in half
1 handful basil leaves, torn
1 cup mozzarella, grated
TT freshly ground black pepper
- Fire up a gas braai or light a charcoal fire on medium direct heat.
- Break the pilchards into small flakes.
- Brush olive oil over both sides of the ciabatta.
- Toast the bread on either side on the braai until golden brown.
- Once the ciabattas are golden brown, take the cloves of garlic and rub them on one side of the bread.
- Grill the rosa tomatoes on the braai.
- Place the tomatoes, pilchards, basil and mozzarella on top of the toasted ciabatta.
- Place the bruschetta’s on the braai grid and allow the mozzarella to melt by leaving it on the braai for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.